Sunday, April 18, 2010

Make this tomato sauce

I am not really a big fan of tomato sauces. They're alright, but I'll usually pick something else when given the choice. However, although I already wrote about it on the food blog a while ago, I have to mention the most amazing tomato sauce from Smitten Kitchen here as well. We've made it a few times and it is so so good, plus Grace loves it. The best part is how ridiculously simple it is. Put three ingredients in a pot, then simmer. Steve even made it.

However, here's a tip I discovered tonight. When you're waiting for the pasta water to boil and it doesn't for half an hour, check to see if there's water in the pot. It's going to be an age before I hear the end of this one from my darling husband. The evening rapidly went downhill from there and culminated when I accidentally dropped Grace's highchair tray full of food and pasta sauce on the table, spattering everywhere right after Steve and I had cleaned her and everything in sight. And of course, I was just starting to say "and now the grown ups are going to enjoy the rest of dinner."

But seriously, try the pasta sauce. Just don't channel me when you do it.

2 comments:

  1. I "ruined" one of our nice new pots by doing this--our stainless steel pot was the color of stainless steel beforehand--now its kind of a faux copper pot. We call it the "bad pot". Solidarity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heart you. I tried to tell Steve that copper pots are really expensive and it's neato that we have one now.

    ReplyDelete