Perhaps you noticed that I haven't posted much lately. Things have been very busy (maybe I'll have some good employment related news soon?! or maybe not, and I'll continue enjoying the never expected but thoroughly wonderful sahm-life), then we dedicated this weekend to doing nothing. It turned out to really mean that we carefully planned nothing and had a lovely rainy, lazy time hanging out in the neighborhood(ish).
Steve had to work part of the weekend, but we got in some time at a cool playground in the Inner Richmond, enjoyed a morning of coffee and pastries and people(dog)-watching, and checked out a neat toy store (so fun when you have a kid!), hit the CAS for a quick dose of fish, and tried a new restaurant. Grace also walked a really long way up hill to get home and climbed around a million stairs. We kept thinking she'd poop out and sit down or ask to go in her stroller, but when she means she doesn't want to ride, she means it. Given how short her legs are, I think she climbed the equivalent of Mt. Whitney (wow, that choice of mountain-reference might mean I'm really a Californian and no longer a Washingtonian). We are still amazed. I also had a massive bread-making failure (from a recipe I made two weeks ago and turned out beautifully - really, I should have taken pictures!). I'm too embarrassed even to explain what happened (but, if you lived in PC in 1998-99 and remember the twice-based bread incident, you'd come close). There was rain, the Huskies lost, and it sure seems like fall.






So, because I'm still feeling a little lazy and sometimes blogger takes forever and a day to upload photos, I'm just posting a handful of recent shots from my phone.
Picnic in Marin with Natalie and Gavin (why does maternity leave have to end?! Boo.)
Note Grace's carefully placed hand.
She would have happily sat with her arm around Gavin all afternoon.
She outfoxed the last bit of childproofing. She now just removes the yardstick that was holding the drawers closed and reaches into the drawer, extracts the stickers and sticks them in her mouth. I have no idea why she likes to eat stickers, but it's the automatic response even though she's more or less past the everything in the mouth phase. She also figured out how to get the yardstick off the kitchen cabinets and can go straight for the snacks. Apparently, the easiest way to get something out of a bag is to turn it upside down rather than reach in with your hand.
So we sweep a lot. But Grace is not good at letting me have a turn.
Omigosh, she loves this little car. And, oh the tantrums that occur when we don't stop to play with it. She lays down just inside the apartment door and screams and cries and kicks her feet. She gets so mad at me she won't come near me, but then I think she seems to become so overwhelmed by the tantrum that she comes over and climbs into my lap. Oh, the irrationality and sweetness of being 16 months old.
Helping Daddy make waffles yesterday morning (in her flower-child pjs).
Contentedly watching fish. Doesn't she look like a little girl?!
Soon - pix from our awesome hike at Muir Woods last weekend and a quick, fun trip to P'ton for brunch and wedding dresses.
No comments:
Post a Comment