Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Just call me master

I graduated on Sunday and we actually made it to the ceremony! Saturday night I went to bed saying there was no way we'd have it together enough to go, but a few hours of uninterrupted sleep made me wake up ready to try. Grace did fabulously! She loved the car (and thank God we recently discovered that her car seat is quite possibly her favorite place; she likes it way more than her bassinet for chillin' - must be because her dad's from Cali) and was one of the most well behaved babies there. I suppose that since newborns don't do much we shouldn't be too self-satisfied. She was absolutely a star with everyone so excited to see her!

It was wonderful to be able to briefly celebrate with my friends. I am very glad to be done with school in some ways (free evenings and weekends! and by free I mean now completely consumed by Gracie), but I had an excellent experience in the program. I got to spend the last two years thinking, reading and writing about about social policy and my particular interest, health care, while surrounded by smart people who care deeply about social justice. I am grateful for the opportunity.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! That is a beautiful family picture.

    ReplyDelete