Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Solo artist

I'm auditioning for a new role today - that of full-time, stay-at-home mom. That is stay-at-home-alone. ALONE. It's Steve's first day back at work.

So far, so good. No major meltdown this morning as had been the pattern of the last few days. After just 5 interrupted hours of sleep last night, I managed to lay down for an hour this morning while Gracie slept. I didn't sleep, but at least I rested. We went to the grocery store, and we are both clean, dressed and well-fed. And I have even checked a few things off my to do list and finished a chapter of Wild Swans (highly recommend it so far; maybe I'll even finish it before August). Hoping to start returning phone calls this afternoon, and if things go really well, maybe even make a batch of cookie dough (I can eat raw eggs again!!! Yes, I know that can doesn't equal should). Thanks, Aunt Mary, for the excellent advice to get a shower before Steve leaves for work. I think that will be key to making sure we get out of the house each day. Unfortunately, it's raining (and supposed to rain the rest of the week - what kind of cruel trick on new mother counting on walks for sanity is this?).

Tomorrow, I will master the Moby wrap. Thank you, Stacey! I can't wait to try it.

2 comments:

  1. Um, I would have been impressed if you had done just one of those things you listed above. The fact that you were that productive on your first day flying solo just confirms your status as a wonder-mom in my book.

    ReplyDelete