Saturday, May 2, 2009

A watched pot

It's May 2, so I lose the pool from my baby shower in which we guessed the birth date. Still having intermittent contractions and every once in a while they're close enough together that I think we might be in business... then they stop.

I'm done cleaning. Partly because there's nothing left to do, but start over and partly because I'm not interested anymore. And I want to read the last 200 pages of my book today because I know I'll never finish it if I don't before baby girl joins us. Too bad I have the attention span of a gnat.

All in all (granted it's not quite over), this has been such an easy pregnancy. I still have energy, my feet and back just betray me when I get overzealous. Except for heartburn, which is possibly the source of all evil, I can't complain much. A few weeks ago I had a whole mental list of positive and negative reflections to share, but they have all vanished from my mind (along with much else).

Ashley, my dear college and after roommate who is now a pediatrician, calmed all my fears about the pandemic. It's all about handwashing and hand disinfectant and not worrying about offending people by being uptight about making them de-germ before touching my child. I'm warning you all now that I'm about to lose my mind for a few months, so please bear with me.

My mom is arriving this afternoon. Yay! Can't wait to have her here. Plus, our standard of eating will skyrocket. Guess we'll find out if a watched pot boils!

---
just tried to post this... on the food blog. how awesome would that have been. more proof i'm losing it.

5 comments:

  1. I've been thinking about you guys a ton these days and get excited each time I see a post thinking this is it! I'm so glad you're feeling good and relaxing. SLEEP IN as much as you can because you won't get to do that for 18 years. ;) Wishing you a smooth and easy labor, my dear friend. Can't wait to meet your little girl! Hugs and love - Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoo hoo! Yay for mom arriving! You can have her field all the 'any news??' and 'have you had that baby yet?!' inquiries! Enjoy the clean abode, I should get PG again just to have a spotless house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A birtday pool? Love it, can I get $5 on May 12th?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ginny, that is just mean. But seriously, I will get in for lucky May 13th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As administer of the baby pool, I've noted Ginny and Megan's bets!

    ReplyDelete