Friday, July 17, 2009

10 weeks

10 hours. Grace went ten (10!!!) hours without eating last night. I, of course, woke up 4 times to check on her. Okay, now pretend you didn't read that. Motherhood is bringing out my rather extreme tendency toward superstition.

In other news, Gracie Mae has suddenly become a spectacular baby. She has been napping (fell asleep on the floor at my aunt's while we had lunch, fell asleep on my bed a few times, fell asleep on her play mat, stayed asleep in her crib when I put her down, and is now napping in her bassinet). When she's awake, she's all smiles and chatting/cooing up a storm. Sure, she has her moments. If she's exhausted or really hungry, she cries (but I whine under those conditions, so I think she can be forgiven). And sometimes she really wails. But all in all, she's adorable and sweet and funny and has been sleeping "through the night" (i.e. over 5-6 hours - what jerk came up with that definition, anyway?) for over three weeks. If things keep up, we might make it after all. Now, I understand that babies often backslide just when you have them figured out. So that's why I'm going to continue crossing my fingers, leaping over cracks in the sidewalk, wearing garlic around my neck, and being shocked every time she sleeps 6 hours.

I haven't had a chance to take a 10 week picture (and forgot this morning when she was playing with the boys, which was my plan), so I'll post this now and add pictures over the weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how you get to that 10-12 week mark and it's like the light switch gets flipped on and things start to fall into place for everyone?
    BTW, I don't know any mom that has never jumped out of bed to check for breathing the first time her baby sleeps more than 4 hrs in a stretch. Ryan always made fun of me but I did it several times with BOTH kids.

    ReplyDelete