Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hard to please

I went to sleep in Boston and woke up in Florida. It has been so hot and humid. Having spent two summers in DC and vacationed in Florida in July and August several times, I know it's not really that bad here, but I'm still going to complain. Last night we went for a walk at 6:15 and it was 85 degrees. Going outside is like stepping into a sauna. The apartment is consistently 75 degrees or more. Yes, I was not long ago complaining about how cold it was here and I knew then I would soon complain about the heat. And come November, December, January, February, March, I will whine about it being below freezing every day with a windchill near zero and mountains of snow. Because that's how I roll.

I am wondering why exactly I felt such an urgent need to leave the arguably perfect climate of coastal San Diego. 68 in the winter, 78 in the summer and cool ocean breezes.

1 comment:

  1. We're dying right now. At least it's a good excuse to go out for ice cream after dinner.

    ReplyDelete