Easter was so much fun and so relaxed this year. We had a breakfast of homemade scones and fruit (and chocolate) at home before heading to church. Grace was so excited to discover her basket on Easter morning.
There was an egg hunt at church after mass and I was amazed at the quick work those kids made of the lawn. Even just the under five year old group cleared the eggs in mere minutes. The egg hunt was followed by donuts. Grace and her buddy Amelia were more than a little amped after gobbling down donuts and more chocolate.
For the afternoon, we headed down to Burlingame to Aunt Kristie's father's home for Easter lunch and egg hunt. Most of the cousins in are aged roughly 18-30, but they continue to be serious egg-hunters. There are a few younger kids - Grace, Sam and Elijah (middle-schoolers), but I'm pretty sure the tradition is carried on by the adult cousins, although Scott, the 30-year-old, didn't participate this year, saying that he had aged out. While there is something anachronistic about seeing a 20-something with an Easter egg basket in one hand and a beer in the other, I really love their commitment and enthusiasm. Their uncle hid over 100 eggs and they took it seriously, even in the rain!
After the egg hunt, I strategically parked myself in front of the appetizers and spend most of the afternoon eating most of the appetizers and enjoying good conversation and sitting outside with good company. It was stormy, but warm - felt sort of east coastish. We had a yummy lunch, birthday celebration, and more relaxing and chatting. Grace had a blast with everyone, as usual. We're so fortunate to be included in their celebrations!
Grace got a head start.
I think Steve received an admonishment from one of the refs about not showing her where all the eggs were.
But he was allowed to help. And Elijah was also so sweet, including her and helping her spot eggs.
You can tell from her expression that she fits right in.
See, it's serious.
I'm not sure if they were hatching a plan... or if Anthony was trying to orchestrate something untoward, such as Grace giving away her eggs.
Looks like they were caught.
Not sure what she was trying to convince Aunt Kristie of in this one.
She hauled part of the gang off to play CandyLand. I believe they complied with her orders rather quickly.
We also celebrated Katy's birthday. Took two cakes to fit all those candles.
Family shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment