Thursday, April 25, 2013

Henry at home

Henry and I came home from the hospital last Wednesday.  Grace was over the moon to find "baby" at home after school.  

It has been an adjustment for her to have a baby in the house, but she is doing really well.  The first few days she was literally bouncing off the walls and us - she was so excited and her physical energy was overwhelming.  She also suddenly seems so huge and sturdy (and with a recent growth spurt, it's even more apparent).  She has settled down a bit and we are noticing some really positive steps in the maturity and independence department.  She seems to relish many of the things she can do on her own. She also loves her baby brother so much.  I greeted her at the door after school the other day, and she blew right by me, saying "where's baby? where's baby?"  It's the first thing she says to me in the morning as well.  They are technically sharing a room, and so far she has slept through his loud cries like a champ, but we bring him out for most of the night because he wants to cluster feed (we are working on that, although by "working" on it, I suppose I mean stressing about it but not actually influencing it).

Anyway, Great Aunt Kristie and Great Uncle Hilary came by for a visit over the weekend.  Henry loved the attention.  And I swear the Dodger blue was by accident (it's not actually a Dodgers outfit).  We missed seeing you, Scott and Katy - get well and come over!

First bath... he doesn't look convinced, does he?
Two clean kids.  Grace cannot wait until Henry is big enough to play in the tub with her.

We took our first family outing to Golden Gate Park (where else?).  
Kids in the backseat.  Grace is so glad to have a companion since she knows there are many road trips in her future.  I have a feeling I will be seeing that expression on her face a lot in about 10 years.

Newest member of the CAS.

Road-testing the stroller with piggyback attachment for Grace.  She loves it.

Picnicking in the Botanical Gardens.  It's funny that exactly a week earlier, Steve and I were walking around the gardens, hoping to get the contractions to regularize.  Exhausted or not, 6 days post-partum is way more comfortable than 40+ weeks pregnant.

Even sleepless, this is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment