We figured the biggest shopping day of the year would be a great day to head into Manhattan with a 6 month old when rain and 30 mph winds were predicted. Turns out, it was. The weather cooperated and it was mild, perfect for walking around midtown to check out the decorations and show Grace some of the famous sights. It'll be a long time before she returns, but at least she'll have the photos to prove she was there.
Our little party animal seemed to have a great time, although she did get mad at the Ergo carrier and preferred being carried. Steve and I saw a few new places (St. Patrick's Cathedral and Grand Central Terminal). We ate good food and topped off the day with cupcakes. We had the same debate we always have... love NYC, could we live there? Yes, no, maybe. We'll have to keep visiting from time to time until we can decide.
Tina Fey, we love you.
With Grandfather in Rockefeller Center.
Possibly my favorite photo ever (in Central Park).
More pictures here, including one of the doll hair salon at the American Girl store. Now, this was just ridiculous. Four floors, tons of super expensive dolls and accessories, and a hair salon where a doll can get various hairstyles or have her ears pierced. I can't comment on whether the dolls still have the history along with them, like the originals did, but I was sad to see that Kirsten (the one I had) and Samantha aren't available anymore. I guess it's not cool to be a pioneer or a victorian era girl anymore... lucky Grace, she'll have a different doll than all her friends. They'll have to have the hip new ones, and she'll get a Swedish-American pioneer girl with her St. Lucia wreath and braids. Anyway, Steve was horrified by it all, and frankly, I was too. More proof I'm getting to be a fuddy-duddy.
what a cutie! I also love the photo of the three of you in Central Park.
ReplyDeleteLars was also set-off by the American Girl doll store in Chicago, which I'm sure surprises you greatly. He wrote about it back in 2007. I'm sure he was just pissed about Kirsten no longer being available. Cute little Scandinavian Pioneer from Minnesota. I took out her braids about two minutes into owning her and regretted it for the next ten years. If only I had had a place to give her a doll haircut!!!
http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jensenl/visuals/album/2007/chicago/
I should have known you had Kirsten. It would have explained why you're so cool. And ps - amen on the braids.
ReplyDelete