Thursday, December 17, 2009
Open question
I desperately need a haircut, and casual polling has left me at a loss for what to do. So, super short and piecey? Posh Spice bob? And if a bob, with or without bangs? Just a trim of what I have now? Same general length as it is now, but more piecey and textured with bangs? Start growing it out? Help! I was ready to chop it off because the winter here is so dry and blow-drying makes it that much worse, but I'm not sure I really want to do that... So, give me your opinion in the comments. Please?!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I wish I had your hair, Kate! I love your hair short, and bob-ish because it's so thick, it falls right (whereas mine doesn't). I like a version of the stacked bob (where it angles down slightly in the front). Not sure about bangs - i guess it depends on how you feel about having to trim them regularly. I have them right now. Love the look, but hate them falling in my eyes.
ReplyDeleteOk, too funny because I'm getting my hair cut next week and while I think I'm going to go short again, I still go back and forth. I wish I had your thick hair too. I'm going to finish my lunch and then give you a call and we can discuss hair (and other things) in more detail. :)
ReplyDeleteDitto on the stacked bob--I love that look and think you could pull it off with pizazz. How would it look with a winter hat on, though? If you don't have hair sticking out of your winter hat and you have a scarf around your neck will you just look like a brightly colored mushroom? Okay, so maybe we're just tapping into my own anxieties now.
ReplyDeleteBangs are a tough call and I don't feel confident enough in them either way to recommend them to you. I have gone the bangs route before and completely regretted it because they went all over the place...but I'm remembering a haircut you got back in the Calit2 days where you had assymetrical bangs (?) and I thought that rocked. It was v. mod.
So, really, I'm no help at all but there are my two cents. Do you have a stylist you trust in Boston?
Lars told me to tell you to keep it as is. Then I asked him why and he said "I dunno. I don't really know what she is talking about. But I don't like bangs."
ReplyDeleteWe Jensens are a helpful bunch.
I'm a fan of both the bob and the piecey, asymetrical bang.
ReplyDelete*One note of advice: don't go too drastic now unless you've already experienced the great fallout (of hair) post baby. With #2 I got to keep the extra luscious hair until she was a year old. Then, it came out in large clumps every day for a good week or so.
ok, my vote is no bangs (just not a fan) and not supershort. but I agree with all the above posts - you can pull off a lot of fab haircuts. a stacked bob would look cute....
ReplyDelete