Friday, December 18, 2009

West side

Another great piece from Timothy Egan, this time further attempting to settle the score on the whole west vs. east bit. Contrary to popular belief along the northeast corridor, however, the U.S. doesn't really end west of the Mississippi. Sometimes, culturally and politically important events even happen way out there... California and its gazillion electoral votes? The iPhone? Google? Microsoft? Hollywood? The Twilight Series? And Costco, just like Egan says. Steve is a big fan of the 1.50 hot dog and I'm all about the cheese pizza by the slice, followed by sharing a chocolate and vanilla swirled fro-yo. In fact, we'll be lunching there tomorrow.

More reasons to love the piece? He mentions the excellent Sherman Alexie and also got to Joe Lieberman. That means I can skip the post on the few words I would direct to the independent Senator from Connecticut (but in case you need more on that subject with a dose of humor to keep you from crying, try this).

Gracie is working on her wesside sign, but she still hasn't gotten the kinks worked out so photos will have to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment