Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Seven months

Our tiny baby girl is seven months old!

When I dropped her off at daycare this morning, I got a little choked up. She happily went to her teacher when we arrived and when I left, I peeked back through the window. She was sitting on the floor with a few other babies, playing with a toy, and then one of the other kids started talking and she looked up at him. Just seeing her in her own little world, one Steve and I aren't a part of is striking. I'm happy she's happy there, but already she's growing so fast. (Yes, I know I'm talking about a seven month old baby who is utterly dependent on us as if she's about to head off to college).

Then, when I picked her up, she was dancing with her teacher. Then, the head teacher said that she was wishing there were more babies like Grace because Grace is always so happy and never cries. This made my day, of course (and sorry if I'm sounding obnoxious, but I know her grandparents will appreciate this anecdote). I asked whether she talks a lot and the teacher said oh yes, and if you talk to her she looks at you like "i'm the one who's supposed to be talking." Ah, yes, that's my girl.

Grace has decided to roll over now. She started doing it all the time the day before Thanksgiving, but it doesn't seem likely to become a mode of transport. She'd rather be standing and practicing stepping. All the time.

She's also finally started to eat solids. We're crossing our fingers that she continues to make progress because we've had some steps forward and back on this. But a few times now she has more or less demanded more food.

One of my favorite new Gracie tricks? Sometimes she sleeps on her side, all curled up in her sleep sack. It's so cute. And her hugs and kisses and the giggles, especially when she gets a little delirious in the evenings, are the most wonderful things in the world.

Resting up after a busy day at school (when you don't nap all afternoon, you sometimes fall asleep the moment you head home).

Happy 7 month old baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment