Thursday is the big day – I present and turn in my thesis and take my last exam. Have one other paper that should get one more read before I turn it in. We’ll see if it gets it or if I cry uncle and call it done. Tomorrow I have to cram for the test and practice my presentation over and over. Here’s hoping that when I finish my presentation everything else will already be turned in and I’ll head out for… another doctor’s appointment. But Thursday night I celebrate!
Also, apparently I need to pack a hospital bag. thebump.com says I was supposed to have this by the door at 35 weeks. But all the lists I have read include things I don't have - nightgowns that open in the front? I also have heard that the hospital has basically everything you need and most people take more than they ever use. Anyway, any of you peeps who have done this recently have any good tips?
I don't think I packed my bag until 39 weeks. Most of the stuff I brought, I used on a daily basis (toiletries, etc.) so I couldn't pack it until the last minute.
ReplyDeleteI did find it helpful to have nursing tanks (as opposed to nursing bras, better coverage), and a robe for the hospital (their towels are too small and too scratchy). Socks/slippers for cold floors and comfy clothes for afterwards (if for whatever reason, you do have a c/s, you won't want any clothes/underwear to rub the incision). Think granny panties. And this may be TMI for the blog, but the pads they give out in the hospital are HUGE, so I brought some of my own. :)
The rest of the things I didn't really use, but definitely a camera, cell phone and all the appropriate chargers.
Good luck this week! What an exciting time! :)
Ditto on the warm, comfy robe and socks--especially if you have to be induced like I was. Hospitals are on the chilly side and when you are sitting around for hours and hours and can't move a lot because you are hooked up to all sorts of monitors, it gets really, really cold.
ReplyDeleteI would also start stockpiling magazines and crossword puzzles etc. My brain was too overloaded for things with actual plots that I had to follow so I have to recommend dumbed down reading materials. I found sudoku oddly calming too. Obviously the ipod is a must and a laptop with some funny/dumb/familiar movies to watch.