Monday, April 13, 2009
Daydreaming for a Monday
Here's a story about a New York law firm paying associates one-third of their base pay, 80k, to take a year off as a way of cutting expenses. The woman featured in the story is planning to do service and legal work around the world. Assuming a third of her base pay, not mine, I think I would take the trekking trip in Nepal that Steve and I have been eyeing for a while, do a lot of other travel also probably combined with service work, do some serious hiking and skiing, and make my way through a lot of books. It's fun to imagine! What would you do?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I second the traveling the world and doing humanitarian work, idea. With small children, I might not be able to travel too much, but we could still build a well in Africa, work for Habitat for Humanity in South America, or help at an orphanage in Romania. (And we'd definitley have to squeeze in a few weeks to soak in the sun in Hawaii) So many possiblities!!
ReplyDelete