Tuesday, April 28, 2009

HOT

Today's high was 94.
It was 92 after 5pm when I was walking home.
Our building has decided it is too soon to turn on the A/C (i know i shouldn't complain given that we have central air).
It was 80 in the bedroom last time I checked.
I didn't plan to be pregnant in the summer and so have nothing appropriate to wear.
There are still completely barren trees.
I know, a lot of you who will be pregnant all summer will not be sympathetic.

In other news, I think I lived the nesting stereotype. I washed all the baby's clothes and linens, cleaned out and reorganized the pantry, and cleaned the bathroom like it's never been cleaned (and never will be again), and cleaned out all my random junk on the desk. I ran all the errands that have been hanging over my head and read a parenting book, now making my way through a birthing book. And finished my part of two pending work projects. If she doesn't turn up soon, I have big plans for more cleaning. It's important to note that I hate cleaning. I find none of that satisfaction some strange people do about getting things in order, etc. Yet, I have been looking for things to clean. Talk about bizarre pregger behavior.

Oh, and I have officially started waddling. And people stare at my belly as I walk down the street.

3 comments:

  1. Aren't the nesting urges the oddest thing? Although, to be fair Kate--you are neat and organized already.

    When I was pregnant with Mei-Lin I used to wake up at 3 am to fold laundry and cook--double batches of everything (one for eating, one for freezing): pumpkin bread, chili, stuffed pasta shells etc. Ryan thought I was crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...it's snowing in MT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with Ginny about you being very organized already--you are READY, fo shur. And, for those of us who have two months of summer to live through, at least we control the A/C in our living quarters..and have a pool to float in like a beached whale....and live ridiculously close to a DQ. Mmmm Heath Bar Blizzard.

    ReplyDelete