Thursday, April 23, 2009

Grad school. Check.

Two years fly by when you're having fun.

I presented my thesis, turned in my final papers, and took my last exam today. I don't finish things early, especially not two weeks early, but as soon as I realized the timing of my pregnancy relative to the end of school, I've had my eye on getting everything wrapped up early. I just can't believe I did it. Thesis presentation went pretty well - of course, I'm thinking of all the things I wish I had done and said differently, but my awesome friends say it was great and I feel really good about how I handled the q&a. Woo hoo! And I appreciate so much everyone's support. Thank you!

Now for some relaxation! Steve is off tomorrow so we're going to do something fun. Plus, it's supposed to be in the 80s this weekend. I have a haircut and pedicure planned for Saturday plus a bridal shower and bachelorette party, so I'm going to have a blast with pampering and being a total girl.

Speaking of girls - yay Rachel for another baby girl expected in the fall. Your two and Smaldita will have such wild times getting into trouble. Just like we used to!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on being done! Have fun tomorrow. And yes, our girls will all be getting into LOTS of trouble I'm sure. Trouble as in eating way too much peanut butter and chocolate chips. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on being done!! I am super impressed! Must feel so good to have it all done! Is Steve calling you Master Kate yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah! I am so proud of you and your mad policy skillz! Here's to finishing grad school and enjoying a hiccup of time to relax and enjoy the springtime. I say that with caution because I do know that--despite it being nice to relax--the best is yet to come! BBJ and I will toast you with some sparkling lemonade. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! You're my hero! Sounds like some sparking cider and an extra large bag of Red Vines are in order :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...congrats Kate! Now you just get to enjoy your weekend and look forward to welcoming your baby girl to the world!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Kate! It sounds like you have a hard earned, perfect week of fun and pampering ahead before the blessed date. Have fun nesting!

    ReplyDelete